Black & White Philadelphia

(This is long overdue...)

Always want to create a travel/photojournalism type of thing to capture the essence of a place. The only problem is I'm not very good at capturing people and the people makes a huge part of the essence of a place. Nonetheless, here is my architectural report...


Benjamin Franklin's house in Philly:







The most distinctive architecture in Philly are the city hall and independence hall. I tried to stay away from the typical head on shot and went askew.

City Hall


City Hall close-up


Independence Hall



I have a fetish with abandoned buildings. It's their ruggedness that gives them a lot of texture and make for a striking picture.



This is where I had dinner on South Street, and South Street was certainly very interesting.



Philly is a rather artsy city. A lot of paintings on the sides of buildings, which I believe are called "murals".

Arts Bank, I suppose?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Viewfinder | 尋心鏡 | TNB