A Little Bit of Innocence on Tuesdays | 幸福



A Little Bit of Innocence on Tuesdays (Part I)

I used to be a teaching assistant back in college. Standing in front of a lecture hall full of students to conduct review sessions before exams sounded scary but was really neither intimidating nor difficult. More than half of them barely went to lectures and probably hadn't even cracked open their books yet, so for sure I knew more than they did. As for the diligent ones who could actually call you out on your mistakes and God-forbid your stupidity, they didn't attend review sessions. LOL!

With the confidence from my TA experiences under my belt, I proudly trod into a classroom of 20 five-year-olds. As I hear myself happily articulate, "Hello class, how are you all doing?", my brain came to a striking HALT. I had absolutely no clue what to say next. My job was to teach this kindergarten class the concept of money. What I didn't realize was that for the past 10 years of my life, my language surrounding money had been checking accounts, credit cards, financial crisis, sugardaddy (joking!) etc, none of which a five-year-old could comprehend.

I smile.... , and smile... , and finally reluctantly admit defeat, "I am the volunteer who will be talking to you about money for the next five weeks. I'll be back next Tuesday. See you all then!" and swiftly left the classroom. I thought I could wing the introductory meeting without looking at the volunteer manual, like I could when I was a TA. Never thought a bunch of five-year-olds could crush my ego in a way that a group of twenty-year-olds couldn't. O such irony...heh =P

As the next few weeks progressed, I grew to wholeheartedly luvvvvvvv my time with them. They probably taught me more than I did to them. I was surprised at how I had completely forgotten what it was like to be a kid. Gestures like openly expressing likes/dislikes, saying whatever comes to mind, crying when you don't get what you want, yelling to grab attention, had long been suppressed in my adult psyche. I felt carefree and, in a way, safe to be around them. It made me ponder a lot about the adult world, the amount of emotions that we suppress, the amount of lies that we deceive. Is the so-called adult world really the more "mature" way to live? ~_~

(To be continued...)



幸福

(有看開我的博客都知道,我通常用中和英語講同一個主題,但這次有點不同,因為英文的主題想不到中文該怎寫,中文的主題也是一樣,所以這次就張兩個不同的話題拼在一起。)

我沒有看臺灣偶像劇的習慣,我唯一看過的就只有"流星花園",所以看"下一站,幸福"真的是因為無聊,沒有太大期望,完全想不到會讓我如此著迷。

忘了聽誰的訪問說過,壞人的角色要夠狠毒才能讓觀眾看得投入。"下"裏沒有狠毒的壞人但就有可憐得很的主角,相信是"下"成功的關建吧。(不是因為我喜歡便算成功,wiki 說它是臺灣偶像劇史上最高平均收視第二位,僅次於"命中注定我愛你"。<-- 沒有看過,不知有多好看。) 故事想帶出幸福來得不易的信息,雖然下站是幸福但這一站的距離其實很遙遠,中途還有突如其來的停 站。其實情節沒什麼特別,經過許多波折最終還是大團圓結局,但不知為何仍害我哭得很厲害喔!=P

二十幾歲、快到"中女"年齡的我,開始明白幸福的背後原來是許多無可形容的忍耐、辛酸和堅持,淚水、汗水流過、灑過才能握得住一點點的幸、一絲絲的福,但我享往這種過程, 不失落過、氣餒過、跌過、痛過又怎能珍惜最終獲來的幸福呢。

要不是光晞從醫院逃跑出來苦苦哀求含著淚的慕橙留下來,要不是小樂嚎哭呼叫著他的外星人爸爸不要離開,到結局看到他們幸福快樂地嬉戲又怎能讓你由心裡開心地笑起來呢!

幸福不是必然,但我相信只要努力地,堅忍地朝著自己的夢想走,必定找到我們幸福的天地。

大家,努力吧!無論多遠,下一站便是幸福!^o^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Viewfinder | 尋心鏡 | TNB