1.1.11 | 壹壹年.壹月.壹號



1.1.11

Swoooooosh! There goes another year. HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!! This year went by REALLY fast. It seems only yesterday when I wrote this. Let's see how I had done in 2010.

Well, I failed pretty miserably with Project IIIone3, didn't I? Told you Gemini's are NOT known for routines. But I did pretty well with Chinese writing. Although looking back at some of my Chinese posts, I definitely need to polish up on some diction. I'm still pleasantly surprised that I can write in Chinese that makes sense. Before I started writing, the last time I wrote a proper Chinese paragraph (let alone essay) was maybe when I was 14/15, freakin' over 10 years ago!! Doesn't seem like it, does it?

So what's next? After evaluating that doing something everyday is just NOT my thing, I'm thinking to tweak Project IIIone3 a bit for 2011 to better fit my Geminian transient behaviors. I am still very interested in documenting a year in photographs. But that's still work in progress...

I also hope to write at least one blog post per month and to focus more on current affairs. As my posts had pretty blatantly exhibited, 2010 had been quite an emotional roller coaster, hence, the very often 'Chicken soup for the soul' type of entries. But this year I want to write about things that are a lot less affectionate and a lot more controversial. Even I'm tired of my touchy self!

Without further ado, let's roll the curtains up for 2011! ^_-



壹壹年.壹月.壹號

新的一年又開始了!祝大家新年快樂,希望大家過了個充實的2010,也希望2011會更加好!

我想首先回應一下KW同學的'A better year?'。我總覺得二十來歲,常常覺得不安、凡事往往不順意是很理所當然的,如果我們安於現狀,覺得自己已經做得很好,應該不變地繼續下去,那就代表我們對自己的要求太低了吧。Avatar和Titanic的導演James Cameron曾經說過"If you set your goal ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success." (如果你達不到為自己定下非常非常高、高到接近不可能的目標,你的失敗已經是別人的成功了。)

凡事總可兩面看,當你認為自己很成功的時候,一山還有一山高,你的成功只不過是別人的小山丘。相反,在你沮喪的時候,別忘記有很多人在山腳正在朝著你的小山丘邁進。

我也認同,不改善自己就改變不了現狀和未來。但不論怎樣改也好,我們都應該繼續不安下去,繼續覺得自己運氣不夠好,繼續努力啊!

(我發誓,這將是我最後一次'Chicken soup for the soul'條目。哈哈!=P)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Viewfinder | 尋心鏡 | TNB